Thursday, April 30, 2009

i think i'm a little behind

So I think I am a little behind.  It's been months since I last updated, and had actually forgotten my password when I went to try and get on.  ha How can such a young mind forget things like that so easily?? OH! Wait I know...its been completely overloaded with useless information....yes, that is it.


I am not sure why I decided to start writing again, but I think its just because within the past couple of weeks there has been several things happen that just made me stop and think....ya know, my life is drastically changing.  I am moving somewhere where I have no friends, I don't know much about it, I am starting school that finally has something to do with what I want to do with the rest of my life and I am in a way leaving behind all the things that I am comfortable with.  The last couple of months have been hard...I am not a very emotional person, but the last month or so has been extremely emotional.  I think I am just on overload and I just get to the point where I need to "relieve" some of the stress and the littlest, probably stupidest things just hit me and I bust.  There have been several days that it was all I could do to just make it through until I could get in my room and sit in quiet and just sit....well a couple of times it was to cry.  Oh, don't feel sorry for me!  It's all good!  God is teaching me some serious lessons through this time in my life and it is so neat to see him molding me to trust him more than I trust the people here on this Earth with me.

So, I'm not sure that I wrote since I made my final decision, maybe I did...but I decided for sure to go to Physical Therapy school at the University of South Alabama in Mobile.  This in itself is a God story.  I was accepted to both University Medical Center in Jackson and to South Alabma.  I had always wanted to go to UMC and actually had nearly talked myself out of even sending the application to USA, but on the day it was due I decided to do it.  Low and behold, I was given a spot in both places.  Even though I knew 100 times more about the program at UMC, the city of Jackson, people who would be there - I had no peace about going there.  Everytime I thought about it it was just like I knew know matter what obstacles seemed like may be in my way to get to Mobile, that was where I was supposed to go.   So here I am...making all the preparations to move to Mobile and become a physical therapist.  I couldn't be happier!!

So tomorrow....is my last Friday in Starkville, today was my last THursday and also the day I took my last final of my undergraduate career.  What a short time I have been here and what a lot I have accomplished.  What great friends I have met and what great memories I have made.  Its be real and its been fun...and yeah its been real fun!  Saturday at 2 pm is the big moment...well you know how graduations go, it may be more like 4 pm...but anyway there about, I'll become a Mississippi State University Alumni.  And even better yet I'll be a biological engineer....yes ma'am, a biological engineer.  Doesn't that sound crazy?!  I am so blessed to be able to receive this degree...the fact that I am even at this stage in life is a testament of God's true healing and grace.

I guess that's about it for now.  I'll be going home to dial-up, but I am starting back to work at Mr. Brent's so hopefully I can update more regularly.

One last thing.  By August 14th (the Friday before I start at USA) my goal is to have lost 45 pounds.  Its a big goal, but I REALLY, REALLY wanna do it.  I'll keep updated on that.  Hopefully, I'll be slim and trim by this time next year!

Later...I am out of here.  Iron Chef America is on and I am currently obsessed with that show.  Its so intense!  Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment