Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Employed!!!

So it's been a little while since I last wrote.  There really isn't much to write about, I mean this semester I believe I could easily be in the running for "The Most Boring" life award.  It's just that my classes don't take much effort and then they don't constantly require me to do homework so I just have "loads" of free time as compared to anyother semester in my college career.  But I still have more to do than some people.  Anyway as the title of this post suggests, since I have some free time I decided to become productive and get a job.  I probably am crazy for doing this but we'll see what happens haha I will be working for one of the professors in my department as a "grader."  I spend most of my free time between classes in our building so I figured why not be productive and make a little change at the same time.  So I went by and talked to him this afternoon and was hired!  I may even get my own little office...well it can be mine until they hire another professor or staff member.  So anyway basically what I will be doing is grading all his assignments for his two classes.  The classes have approximately 50 students in them and one of the classes has a homework assignment due most everyday it meets (3 times a week).  The homework is basically a programming class so it might get a little overwhelming at times!  But hey, challenges make us stronger people, right?? Ok, please for my sanity just agree with me.  Thank you.  So the scariest thing is that he hasn't had time to grade a significant amount of these assignments...as in he has about 200 that need to be graded!!!  I am just hoping that I will be able to catch up and stay caught up!!!  


Anyway, I'll have extra money and thats always a plus.  So lets see what else has happened?? ummm Oh, I got another interview at the other school I applied to.  I'll have an interview at South Alabama on the last Friday in February at like 8 something in the morning!!  I am pretty excited!  This school takes fewer people than UMC and then part of that number is early applicants which means there is even fewer slots for people like me.  To even get an interview here is pretty darn good....I think.  Anyway, still haven't heard from UMC...guess thats what I get for applying to that "other school."  Umm...I think thats it.  Life is good.  Ally Pace needs to be awarded a grammy.  I need a haircut.  I have decided that I am really going to miss Starkville when I leave.  I have discovered that my head is 23 inches around (important piece of knowledge since I got to order my cap and gown!!)  I think thats about it....hope you have a beautiful day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment