Wednesday, May 28, 2008

First day under the belt

alright so i am safely in Montana. i arrived at the college dorm where we are doing orientation last night around 12:30 this time. and we have been going non stop all day long. last night as soon as i got into the room i brushed my teeth and got a handful of water to take my medicine. this morning while talking to my roommate and getting caught up on all i had missed last night, she said "oh yeah, dont drink the water in here" i was like oh yeah, why? she said, "im not sure, the lady said it might make you sick because its a cistern and there is alot of farm runoff around here." all i could think is great! i missed my original flight, arrived in Montana at midnight, lost my luggage and now i've drank water that is going to make me sick!! but i've survived the day and haven't gotten sick yet so i'm good. I haven't really seen much of montana yet, i was in billings today and we went in to town to the mall and another store to randomly talk to "Montanans" - that was awkward!! and I am staying the night in laurel. on the drive here i was able to see some snow capped peaks in the far distance and a humongous pheasant on the side of the road, but other than that I haven't seen too much. i have noticed that there are absolutely no brick houses out here, or at least i haven't seen any yet. a bit odd, i don't understand it. umm well i guess i should get going to bed...we (elizabeth and i) are sleeping on a air mattress that has a known leak, so this should be an interesting night...

friday morning at 10 we (amy, elizabeth and I) will move to our first location in clancy, mt. tomorrow we will get training in lifeways vbs so that we can be completely geared for the summer!

well talk to y'all soon!!

3 comments:

  1. wow! how did you have time to let us know what was going on-sounds busy-our adventures are pretty slow and normal around here except for Kale - he has been banking and
    filling out paperwork for the new job today starts Monday 6:00AM- take good care of yourself STAY IN HIS WILL -LOVE YOU-Moma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristi! It sounds like God is promising you a very adventurous summer. Bless your heart!! I can't believe the start you had! I am so glad you are there safely. I love being able to log on and see how you are and what's going on. I know your family appreciates being able to do the same. Be safe and have fun! We are praying for you!! Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristi marie... you have had a time it seems.. remember God will not put nothing in your path that you can not handle.. brax and i are loveing this site.. being able to see what your doing way out there is lovely!! we are praying for you. LOVE*YOU!!katie&braxton

    ReplyDelete